STARTING A BOOKKEEPER BUSINESS OR WORKING
AS A CONTRACT BOOKKEEPER
Are you thinking of starting your own bookkeeping business? Or perhaps work as a contract
bookkeeper for someone else? Or work from home? Bookkeeping is a very
flexible career offering you the hours/days you choose to work.
Now the question is where do we start!
- Business Plan
- Business Trading Name or you can use your own name
- Register for GST if you are really serious about growing your business to that level
- Check the ATO checklist: https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Starting-your-own-business/
- Education: You need a Certificate 4 in Bookkeeping and Financial Services or higher with the BAS Units
- If you want to provide BAS services to your client, then you need to register as a BAS agent don’t worry most of your clients would have Accountants who would be lodging their BAS.
- You need to have a Personal Indemnity Insurance
- Software knowledge
- Connect with local Accountants – this is where you will get most of your referrals from
- Try the old fashion flyers – trust me it works
- Create a page on social media and advertise
- If you can afford you can pay to get client contacts from certain websites
- When you grow further – get your own website and pay for google advertising
- Get a marketing agent
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Ok so here is what you have been waiting for – we can help you get up and started running your own business by teaching you the basics of Bookkeeping terminology and practical bookkeeping skills with theorical assignments. We have bundled an excellent Bookkeepers Starter Course Package which includes the Bookkeepers Guide for Practical Bookkeeping, Advanced Xero Course, Advanced QuickBooks Course and Dext.
While you are getting all your other accreditation sorted – you can very well kick your Bookkeeping business start up and running with this course!
This is the snap short of the course:
Advanced QuickBooks, Xero & Dext Courses Combo
Who is it For:
- Accounting Students
- Business Owners/Sole Traders
- Job Seekers
- Bookkeepers seeking to enhance their knowledge
- Anyone seeking knowledge in Bookkeeping using QuickBooks Software
All the basics of how to use QuickBooks
- Gain Confidence in generating an invoice
- Win interview questions with confidence of practical QuickBooks learning
- Learn how to enter a bill and apply payments
- Learn how to add an employee and process payroll
- Learn how to do bank reconciliation and its features
- And many more…
So hit the enrol button now and get started!
This course also comes with help required to gain your accreditation – if you need help with registering your ABN, GST we are more than happy to help.
You can contact us during any stage of you course for any related questions and if required a zoom meeting can also be arranged.
So get enrolling get a career that is pandemic safe!!!!!